Friday, January 10, 2014

Art IV - Proj. VIII

Planning


Brainstorming

For my 8th project I chose the theme for "Along for the Ride." The concept I came up with was a paper boat going down a stream and a kid watching it. For the media I thought of doing it digitally since I have not done one yet. I would be using an iPad to draw out this scene because the digital finger painting of Morgan Freeman inspired me to do one. That drawing was amazing that at first I thought it was just a photo, up until I saw the video and the process the person did to make the digital painting..

Reference Photo


In Action & Results

I first drew a picture, but it had evolved compared to the original concept. It stilled had the paper boat idea and the kid but this time it focused more on the boat and it only shows a kid's rain boots, implying that it's a kid playing on a rainy day. Then as the sketch was finished, I started to use the iPad. At times I struggled on what I should do or color next but as I chose colors, everything turned out pretty good. As I saved each step and was finished, I liked seeing the progression from the pencil drawing to a more detailed piece. For future improvements maybe I'd change or make the umbrella and rain boots better or into something else.

The Process:


"A Rainy Day"










No comments:

Post a Comment