Friday, October 25, 2013

Art IV - Proj. V

Planning


Planning

"Oil Pastel"




Brainstorming

The theme was "Up Close and Personal" and I decided to draw out a flower that I had taken a picture of before. I got the idea while I was browsing my photos on my phone and saw it. Then I decided to use crayons and emphasis for my media and topic. I had cropped the photo so it would look more close. At first I couldn't decide whether or not I would use oil pastels or crayons, but as I tried out both the crayons seemed better to me.

In Action & Results

While I was drawing the flower, I changed the color of the petals to blue because it looked better to me. At first I thought this project wouldn't be good, but as I layered the colors the flower ended up looking quite realistic and kind of popped out. When I was using the crayons I couldn't believe that I could do something like this because when I was younger I never thought of using more than one shade of color so it would always look flat. But now I think I've improved from when I was younger. Then as I finished the flower I was wondering if I should keep the background the same as the photo or if I should change it. I decided to have a green background with part of another flower showing. Over all, I liked using the crayons and how everything turned out, especially the water droplets.

"Flower"


No comments:

Post a Comment