Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Art IV - Proj. VI

Brainstorm

For my 6th project I did a paper sculpture. I thought of doing a piano because while I was planning my 5th project the idea came to me. The theme was "Layer it On" because I was layering paper as I was building the piano sculpture.


Planning


In Action & Results

When I began working it took a while for me to start because I didn't know how to start it. But then as I started to look at piano references that's when I was getting on a roll. First, I made a Template of the piano and then used white paper and glue to make the sculpture. At times it was hard to get the paper in the form I want but with patience of letting the glue dry the sculpture eventually looked like a piano. After I finished the piano, I was contemplating whether I should leave it white or put a black finish on it. With some advice I decided to put black by cutting a cheap black folder into a piano shape. The finished project looked really good even though this project took a little longer to do compared to my other projects.
If I were to do this again I would do the piano keys more to scale because in this one it looked too big. Another thing is that I would redo the legs of the piano since it looked crooked.

"The Piano" - title 



Here you can see the inside of the piano. I used the template to get the shape. then I cut it based on a reference picture I got. After I cut it I painted it with gold and silver. For the stand, I rolled up a black piece of paper and taped it.


No comments:

Post a Comment