Saturday, October 12, 2013

Art IV - Proj. IV

Planning

References


Brainstorm

For brainstorming for this project, I chose the theme of "Skeletons." At first I couldn't think of a design since I didn't have a clue where to start. But then I came across the idea of drawing a baby and an adult skeleton. The baby would be facing a mirror and it would be showing itself older as a skeleton. This would be depicting the "circle of life" and how everyone from birth will eventually pass away. Next, I chose to use a topic which has symmetrical balance. The media used would be a pencil drawing, since I've been doing pieces with color, I wanted to do a piece in gray scale. Also, with the pencil drawing, I decided to include transparent film that would act as a mirror.

In Action & Results

When starting I drew out the frame of the mirror. I made the mirror frame the most detailed since everything else would be more simpler. I got ideas for frame designs from classmates and frame designs in my house. After the frame I drew the baby next that would be looking into the mirror and shaded it. Next I started drawing the skeleton on a separate piece of paper so I could trace it for the final piece. Then I drew some pathways that represent the various paths people take, the good and the bad and in the end time keeps going and people die. Lastly, I put the transparent film over the skeleton so it would have the feel it was a mirror. Overall, I thought the results looked really good and how the shading looked pretty good.

Life & Death




No comments:

Post a Comment