Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Art VI - Proj. II

Plans & References

Brainstorm

In this project I chose the theme "Pairs." Some of the ideas I came up with for pairs were shoes and twins. I picked the shoes idea because I got an image in my head that I wanted to create that had shoes. The image focused on the legs and shoes, which had earphones as the laces because it seemed interesting to have earphones as laces. Then, the topic I chose for it was value and the medium used were colored pencils. At first, when coloring the image I used crayola, the crayola pencils looked good, but didn't give the piece a "wow" feeling. Then as I was recommended to use prismacolor, my art work looked much better.
Crayola Only
In Action & Results

For choosing the colors, I used one color for each piece, but I also used different shades of that color. For example, the sweater on the person is green, but as you look closer, you can see the different shades of green. Then, as I completed the person, I worked towards the background, I couldn't decide what I should design for it though. I thought of doing some patterns, but then I thought that it would be too much for the piece or that it would be taking away the attention from the person. So I decided to do a light gray background and the light source is coming from the right. Over all I liked how the piece turned out.

Fancy Feet (Title)


No comments:

Post a Comment