Thursday, September 19, 2013

Art IV - Proj. I

Brainstorm 

When coming up with idea I picked the theme of Mythical Creatures. I thought of creatures that I would like to draw such as a centaur, griffin, or kitsune (spirit fox). I decided to go with the kitsune. Along with the Kitsune I added a man playing a flute in the forest. The idea I was thinking of was the fox and man would have some close friendship like that of a man and his dog. After I got the idea I looked up reference photos that would help me out when painting. Next I needed to pick a topic and a media. I chose texture as the topic and acrylic paint with some fine point sharpie. After the planning, executing it was next.





Results

I started by getting the canvas and sketching the idea on it first so I would know where to paint certain things. Then, I used blue, yellow, red, and white acrylic to make the colors for my painting. At first it lacked dimension and the right color values. But with the advise from my classmates and teachers I adjusted the painting, used some sharpie to outline certain parts of the fox and man so they can be distinguishable and here's the final product. I thought it turned out pretty good, I liked the texture in the background, the tree, and fox.

Mystic Sound



No comments:

Post a Comment